What can I do with this new site?
So, we have this great, snazzy new website, but what does it mean for you? What can you do with it? Well, there are many new features that make the new website a great place for us as a community to share with one another and connect on a regular basis even though we might be spread out around the DC/Baltimore area. This article highlights several of the new website’s features:
- Groups: This is the feature of the website that “groups” information together by topic or interest. Groups are being used for Discipleship Groups, Classifieds, Prayer List, Children’s Ministry, Global Engagement, and many more. Some groups are open for anyone to join, while others are by membership only. Click on Get Involved to explore the different groups. Simply click on the group name to find out more about the group. If you are interested in joining a group, simply click on Join in the group info box on the right hand side of the screen (see below). Click on More under New Groups to find get a complete list of groups.
Once you join a group, you can have a conversation with other group members, share photos, view a group
calendar, and more. You subscription to receive new posts in your group by email. In short, these groups are
ways for you to get updates and interact with the group’s leaders and members. If you would like to unjoin
a group, simply click on My membership on the right-hand of the group page and then "Leave this group."
- Sermons: The website has audio and video streaming for all sermons. The messages are grouped by series and by message. You can also subscribe to the CRCC.org podcast on iTunes.
- Comments: You now have the ability to comment on most anything on the site (a sermon or a web post about the Global Engagement or give feedback on the farm activities). Users who are familiar with blogs or online social networking tools are already familiar with this feature and know how it can help facilitate conversation and dialogue. We hope this will be a feature widely used by CRCC.org users to connect throughout the week. It is also a way for the staff to get feedback from the CRCC body and to engage more people into the vision of building a community of hope and transformation. So, start posting and start connecting!
- Church calendar: The church calendar features all of the upcoming activities at the church. Simply click on the title of the event to find out more information, including who to contact with more features. In the future, you will also have the ability to RSVP to events. You can also click on My Calendar to view events that are part of the groups you belong to.
- User directory: This is a great resource that lists the names and contact information for the CRCC community. Click on Users Directory under Community Links on the right hand of the page to access the directory. (Note: this feature is only available to users who are active participants of the CRCC community).
- Financial information: This page shows the church’s latest financial information in graph and table format. Click on Financial Information under Community Links on the right hand side of the page to access this information. The information is downloadable into Excel—simply click on the CSV button at the bottom of page.
- My Dashboard: This page brings together all the different features listed above. You will be given a snapshot (or dashboard) of your groups and activity on CRCC.org.
Coming soon: Online Donating!